Thursday 19 May 2022

Strength/weakness feedback evaluation

Based off of the feedback that we had received, we feel like there were some things that we could take from them, in terms of what made our film great and what things didn't look appealing in it. However, as a whole, our film did receive generally positive feedback, which meant that we did a great job overall.

In terms of our strength, our film had a great narrative that the audience was able to follow, especially as the idea was based around being in isolation, which was a major thing that people went through in 2020, due to the Pandemic that occurred. 

The emotion that we wanted to convey was sorrow. Based off of the feedback we received, I believe that this was conveyed very clearly throughout the film and the audience was able to understand what was going on, along with having some form of empathy. 

We received comments that our film was structured very well together, and it was clear when the scenes were transitioning.

Another thing that I consider a strength from the feedback was that there were some good choices of music that helped convey the kind of sorrowful mood in some scenes, which helped the audience to understand how the character felt. There were some nice visual effects used, mainly at the beginning of the film. 

However, in terms of our weakness, the ending of our film left some of the viewers a bit confused as to what was happening. The noise of the camera was heard once or twice during some scenes and it was noticed by the viewers. This would be an issue as some viewers may find it a bit disturbing to hear.

In order to address these weaknesses, we would film some additional shots at the end, such as the character changing moods to display his emotions changing from a content feeling to anger.

 Another thing we would make sure of is that any sound of the camera in the original footage is removed during the editing process. Also, we would have a voiceover towards the end of the film explaining what the character is thinking, which would explain why he got angry.

In terms of any changes to have been made in our film, for the end scene, instead of changing each time to convey when the character was speaking alone or when he was speaking as if there were people in the room, I would have left it to be just his friends at first, then at the very end where he walks away, I would have got a shot where it revealed that he was alone the whole time to make the viewers shocked.

As an individual, I feel like there were some things that I could have improved on. For the film, I was the main actor and there were some things I felt that I could do better if I had the chance to, such as move faster when doing certain actions. Also, I could kick the chair harder to create more of an impact for the audience, shocking than of the level of anger I am showing through my character. I could have tried to memorize some lines that I said a bit more. As I had remembered the majority of the lines, I feel like there were some bits that I missed out on, so I had to improvise. I would try to memories all my lines properly so that I could have more time to practice how to act out my character.

As a group, I felt like there were some developments that we could have made to make this product better. I felt like we could have secured the location a bit sooner. This would be so that we could work out how we would set it up in advance, even having the chance of using them as soon as we secured them. Another thing I felt that we could do is have some ideas of the type of music that we could use. This would have been helpful as we would have an idea in advance of how our film would flow. Also, it would save us a lot of time in post production rather than having to spend a lot of time having to find a suitable soundtrack. Another development that could be made is having various amount of footage, which would be helpful in terms of having options of what to include in the final version. In terms of another development, having a faster workflow would have saved a lot of time in pre production, leaving more time for filming. This would have been very helpful as we could have more time to refilm some shots. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluating feedback

When we finished editing our short film, we did a focus group, in which we had some people come and watch our film and asked them to give so...