Wednesday 11 May 2022

Evidence of set up and operate camera and lighting

This is an image of me setting up a tripod for filming. I set up the tripod by extending the legs to its full extent, so that when I place the camera on it, it will be stable. The purpose of me setting this up was so that during filming, we would film shots where the camera could stay still and wouldn't have to worry about moving at all.  

This is an image of me operating a camera during filming. I was making sure that the focus of the camera is clear enough for the character to be shown. As it is a psychological thriller that we are doing, it was vital that the shots were clear so that we could convey the character's emotion. Another thing that I was making sure of was that it was bright enough. As we were filming during the day, it came as a benefit due to the fact that there was natural light already. However, the camera was a bit dim, so I had to adjust the lighting by changing the exposure on the camera. As I was mainly in front of the screen, I didn't really have that much time operating the camera, compared to my partner, however, there were some shots that I did film with the camera, mainly to do with the montage scene. 

This is an image of me operating lighting equipment. With this equipment, it was easy for us to change the lighting so that we could set the scene. With the adjustment of the lighting, we would be able to dim the lighting slightly, further conveying the mood and mindset of the character, in which we would display that he is getting out of control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluating feedback

When we finished editing our short film, we did a focus group, in which we had some people come and watch our film and asked them to give so...