Friday 13 May 2022

Audio levels

At the beginning of the film, I added ambience music to set the tone for our short film, which was non-diegetic. With this added, I decreased the sound of the audio that was from the video and slightly increased the sound of the music so that the audience can hear it. I also, put a fade-out at the end of the music track so that instead of it cutting off completely, when the first scene airs, it can slowly decrease the volume. With this audio put in place, we wanted the audience to wonder what is happening, which would help place an enigma. 



Another part where I manipulated the sound was the park scene. As the sound of the wind was taking over most of the dialogue for this section, I decreased the volume of the original video and replaced it with a voiceover, which was non-diegetic. The use of this voiceover would be a suitable way to let the audience know what is currently happening and how the character is feeling. I decreased the volume slightly on the first half of the voiceover as it was overpowering the second half and I wanted the volume of them to be around the same level.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluating feedback

When we finished editing our short film, we did a focus group, in which we had some people come and watch our film and asked them to give so...